Entrepreneurship is simply the act of nurturing an idea, overcoming some challenges and then successfully build a wealth from it. Entrepreneurs are real business gurus in their different fields of specialization who have the sole aim of establishing their own firm and possibly create employment opportunities for job seekers. These Entrepreneurs possess some unique features that motivate them and help them thrive on, even in the midst of challenges. I will reveal these important features in this article.
A study of some successful Entrepreneurs really taught me a lot. Business Entrepreneurs like Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg started with a little idea which they carefully nurtured and today, they are really respected for taking such great steps towards actualizing their ideas and dreams. They all have these features revealed below.
- 8 Best Lucrative Online & Offline Business Ideas for Students
- 15 Ways to Boost your Business with Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
- 1 7 Unique Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs
- 2 10 Richest Business Entrepreneurs in the World & their Net Worth (According to TheWeek.co.uk)
- 3 Other Popular Successful Business Entrepreneurs
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Recommended Business and Entrepreneurship Books
- 6 Subscribe to Our Blog Newsletters (Enter your email address)
7 Unique Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs
Successful Entrepreneurs are very Creative and Optimistic
Creativity is the act of bringing into reality something that once existed as an idea. Entrepreneurs nurture their ideas, and are very optimistic. This is because they believe that something meaningful can always come from an idea. Job seekers on the other hand are real pessimists. They are always afraid to try out an idea.
Entrepreneurs Follow their Passion
Real Entrepreneurs strongly follow their passion, no matter the situation they find themselves. Zuckerberg started following his passion at the age of 12 when he created a messaging program caled “Zucknet”. It never ended there, even at college, he allowed his passion to drive him forward. He created two programs: CourseMatch and FaceMash. he did not stop at that. In order to ensure his passion did not die, he partnered with a friend to create a social networking site for Harvard University students. This site later grew to the worldwide “Facebook”.
Jeff Bezos studied computer science and electrical engineering in school, but his passion for e-commerce made him divert from his course of study.
Entrepreneurs are very Flexible
They really believe that there be room for changes which will help them achieve their goals. Once those changes will not totally go against their ambition, they are ever ready to readjust. But they will never give up.
Entrepreneurs don’t just base on their current skills, they are eager to learn new skill, implement them and readjust, if need be. Job seekers find it difficult to readjust.
- 125 Inspiring Business Quotes & Advice from Successful Entrepreneurs
- 12 Best Ways to Raise Funds & Save Money for Young Businesses
Entrepreneurs are Risk Takers
They believe that no goal can be achieved if a risk is not taken. Making up your mind to start a business is a risk. They don’t just take a risk, flexibility helps them readjust in case the result of the risk was not as expected.
Zuckerberg created FaceMash which was shut down by Harvard University, because they deemed it inappropriate. He readjusted and took another risk of creating a social network, which was embraced by the whole university. This was how Facebook came to stay.
Entrepreneurs Utilize and Create Opportunities
There is a saying that, “Opportunity comes only but once”. Real Entrepreneurs believe that opportunities are scarce, so they make maximum use of opportunities that come their way. Before you can utilize an opportunity, you need to first realize that it is an opportunity.
Mark Zuckerberg realized that creating a social network for Harvard University is an opportunity to make his dream a reality. He took this great step, and never regretted it.
It takes an Entrepreneur to realize that there exists an opportunity in his field.
- 5 Best Ways to Appreciate your Employees as an Entrepreneur
- How to Start Peanut Burger Business – Production & Marketing Guide
Entrepreneurs Embrace Challenges
You can only move to the next step if you overcome or solve a challenge. An Entrepreneur is never afraid of a challenge, rather seeks for a way to overcome it.
Job seekers see opportunities as stumbling block while Entrepreneurs see it as a stepping stone that will take them to the next level.
- 9 Business Mistakes Young Entrepreneurs Make & How to Correct them
- 7 Best International Online Banks for Entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs Always Know Their Target
That is to say they are goal-oriented. Yes, no matter what Entrepreneurs meet on their way, they never forget their target. Not only that, they will never agree to settle for anything less than their goal.
When job seekers meet a challenge, they assume that they have reached their goal. But Entrepreneurs know it is a challenge that will take them to the next higher level.
Zuckerberg succeeded in building a social media for the University. But he knew he has not reached his target. He pushed further till Facebook went worldwide. Today facebook is the largest social media.
Bezos did the same. He did not stop when Amazon successfully sold books. He added other features like Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Studios, Kindle E-Reader, Amazon Drones, Fire Phone, Whole Foods, etc. Today Amazon is the number one online store.
10 Richest Business Entrepreneurs in the World & their Net Worth (According to TheWeek.co.uk)
- Jeff Bezos (CEO of Amazon; Net worth of 111.4 billion USD as at November 2019)
- Bill Gates (Co-founder of Microsoft Corporation; Net worth of 107.6 billion USD as at 2019)
- Bernard Arnault (Wealthiest European; Net worth of 101.2 billion USD as at 2019)
- Warren Buffett (Popularly known as “Oracle of Omagh”; Net worth of 84 billion USD as at 2019)
- Mark Zuckerberg (CEO of Facebook; Net worth of 72 billion USD as at 2019)
- Amancio Ortega (Co-founder of Zara; Net worth of 70 billion USD as at 2019)
- Larry Ellison (Co-founder of Oracle; Net worth of 67.3 billion USD as at 2019)
- Carlos Slim Helu (Richest Mexican; Net worth of 61.8 billion USD as at 2019)
- Lawrence Edward Page (One of the co-founders of Google; One time CEO of Alphabet inc.; Net worth of 57.9 billion USD as at 2019)
- Mukesh Ambani (Owns one of India’s most valuable oil and gas industries; Net worth of 57 billion USD as at 2019)
Other Popular Successful Business Entrepreneurs
- Pierre Omidyar (CEO of Ebay; Net worth of 12.5 billion USD as at November 2019)
- Steve Wozniak (CEO of Woz and Co-founder of Apple inc.)
- Elon Musk (CEO of SpaceX)
- John Paul DeJoria (Co-founder of the Paul Mitchell line of hair products and The Patrón Spirits Company)
- Sol Orwell (Pakistan Entrepreneur and Business Developer; Co-founder of Examine.com)
- Louis De Geer (Netherlandish entrepreneur and industrialist of Walloon origin)
- George Westinghouse ( American entrepreneur and engineer; a pioneer of the electrical industry)
- Sam Walton (Founder of Walmart and Sam’s Club)
- Drek Sivers (American writer, musician, programmer and entrepreneur; Founder of CD Baby)
- Madam C.J. Walker (African-American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and a political and social activist)
- Richard Branson (CEO of Virgin Groups)
- Walt Disney (A pioneer of the American animation industry)
- Caterina Fake (Co-founder of Flickr in 2004 and Hunch in 2011)
- Reid Garrett Hoffman CBE (co-founder and executive chairman of LinkedIn; a partner at the venture capital firm Greylock Partners)
- Shawn Corey Carter – Jay Z (One of the greatest rappers of all time)
- Top 5 Online Trusted Credit Card Processing Companies for your Business
- How to Create Google Forms for your Business & Track Responses
You have really gained a lot from this article. We revealed some unique attributes of real Entrepreneurs, some successful and popular ones with their net worth.
Do you have the zeal to be one of the renowned Entrepreneurs? Then apply these seven tips in your life. Also read the full biography of Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates and the success story of Mark Zuckerberg.
Help your social media friends know about this article by sharing it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to stay updated once we update this business article or publish new ones. Enjoy!
Recommended Business and Entrepreneurship Books
The Passionate Entrepreneur’s Strategies: Learn how to discover business ideas that will be successful, grow multiple online income streams, make money from home, attract new & retain customers, applications of SWOT analysis in any business, skills that will help you succeed as an entrepreneur, self-discipline, etc. Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 1. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
How to Make Money from Blogging & Affiliate Marketing: Learn the Step by Step Guide of Creating, Growing & Optimizing your WordPress Blog from Scratch for Search Engines (SEO) & How to Make Money through Google AdSense, Affiliate Marketing & Other Strategies for Earning Passive Income Online. Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 2. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
How to Make Money Self-Publishing Kindle Books for Beginners: Learn the Step by Step Guide to Self-Publish a Best Selling Book on Amazon KDP, How to Design Book Covers with Adobe Photoshop, Format, Edit & Proofread your Book Manuscript with Microsoft Word, Promote your Book on Various Online Platforms & Earn Monthly Passive Income Online. Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 3. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
Google Classroom & Zoom Meeting for Beginners: Learn the Step by Step Guide with Screenshots on How to Use Google Classroom as a Business Owner, Teacher or a Student. Also Learn how to Use Zoom for Online Meeting, Web Conferencing, Video Conferencing & Webinars in Mobile Devices, PC & Mac. Make Distant Teaching & Learning a Fun! Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 4. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
How to Make Money from Crypto Trading & Investing for Beginners: Step by step guide with screenshots on the basics of blockchain technology, bitcoin & altcoins, crypto security tips, cryptocurrency market analysis (FA & TA), long term & short term trading, how to calculate your profits in excel, legit ways to make money with cryptocurrencies, DeFi yield farming & staking, how to use any centralized & decentralized exchange platform & more, plus crypto investment bonus! Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 5. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.