In recent times, many people testified that adopting a dairy free diet lifestyle has helped to eliminate some of their chronic skin diseases like acne, eczema, rashes, etc. Dairy free diets are one of the healthy diets recommended by dermatologists for people with these chronic skin diseases. Consumption of dairy foods has been confirmed to increase the rate of hormonal cancers. Also, the diet was also recommended for children with autism, as it cures the disease. Keto dairy free diets are now recommended for people suffering from the above mentioned diseases who live ketogenic lifestyle. This diet article will discuss and reveal all you need to know about dairy free diets, both for those under ketogenic diet plan and those who are not.
- 1 Why are Diary Free Diets Recommended?
- 2 Benefits of Eating Keto Dairy-Free Diets
- 3 Keto Dairy Free Diet Vs. Paleo Diet
- 4 Tips to Help You Succeed in Keto Dairy-Free Diet Lifestyle (Healthy Swaps)
- 5 Dairy-Rich Foods/Ingredients
- 6 Keto-Friendly Dairy-Free Foods/Ingredients
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Recommended Business and Entrepreneurship Books
- 9 Subscribe to Our Blog Newsletters (Enter your email address)
Why are Diary Free Diets Recommended?
Dairy foods increase the rate of secretion of insulin in your body. Thereby delaying you from meeting your weight loss target. Also, dairy foods are not recommended for those whose gut are inflamed or damaged. This is because dairy meals end at the villi (finger-like pieces of tissues lining the walls of your intestine). If such people consume dairy products, it leads to symptoms like leads to symptoms like gas, bloating, acid reflux, indigestion, etc.
The intestinal walls can be healed with anti-inflammatory keto diets. Once healed, you can take dairy foods again. But you will start with small quantities of dairy products like goat cheese. Next you try ghee, then butter and then cheese made from cow milk. Make sure you try each in small quantity and watch how it affects your weight loss target.
Benefits of Eating Keto Dairy-Free Diets
Constant dairy consumption worsen many disease conditions. One of the most prominent conditions is Lactose Intolerance. I advise you to check your health and know your body’s reaction to dairy meal consumption.
A Diary-free diet can also correct the following disease conditions:
- Stalled weight loss or uncommon weight loss plateau
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Severe Bloating
- Gut Health
- Lactose Intolerance
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Stomach Pain
- A Complete Overview Of DASH Diet, Guidelines & Meal Plans
- Everything You Need to Know About Keto Fat Bombs & Desserts Diet
Keto Dairy Free Diet Vs. Paleo Diet
Many people find it difficult to differentiate between keto dairy free diets from paleo diets. Although the 2 diet plans are related, they have a key difference.
Paleo diet plan encourages low carb meals, but not to the same degree as keto. The key difference is that it does not encourage the consumption of healthy fats like keto. This means that someone on paleo diet lifestyle does not attain ketosis. The diet plan eliminates legumes, processed sugar, and most dairy sources. But it allows you to eat nuts, seeds, fruits, meats, eggs, veggies, unrefined fats and oils, and natural sweeteners like maple syrup and honey.
On the other hand, ketogenic diet plan focuses on the 3 key macro-nutrients (carbohydrate, protein and fats). It recommends meals rich in healthy fats, moderate protein, but very low fat.
This means that those living ketogenic lifestyle attain ketosis. While those following the paleo diet plan don’t.
Tips to Help You Succeed in Keto Dairy-Free Diet Lifestyle (Healthy Swaps)
If you want to succeed in keto dairy free diet plan, then you need to know the following tips:
- Use only Healthy Fats When Cooking: Go for healthy oils like olive, coconut, sunflower seed and avocado. Avoid butter. This is the key of converting dairy diets to dairy-free.
- Resort to Dairy-Free Creamers: Coconut milk or nut milk (like nutpods) is recommended in place of cream or milk in coffee or tea.
- Always Use Non-Dairy Spreads: Avocado, sugar free mayonnaise (like Primal kitchen), or dairy-free cream cheese (like the almond based cream cheese spread from Kite Hill) are recommended in place of butter or cream cheese as a spread.
- Sugar-free mayonnaise (like Primal Kitchen) is recommended in place of heavy cream, half and half, buttermilk, or sour cream in creamy sauces and dressings.
- Canned coconut milk is recommended in place of heavy whipping cream. To thicken sauces and make creamy toppings, use dairy-free cream cheese. You will enjoy that creamy, rich taste, even without dairy.
- If you need that melty, cheesy taste on your dish, use aged Vegan cheeses made from nuts and seeds. Never use those that contain high carb.
- Avoid Cheeses as Much as You Can: Skip cheeses if you really want to make your meals dairy free. Also avoid burgers and sprinkle salted nuts or seeds over salads for extra texture and flavor.
- Form the Habit of Reading Every Label: Always read labels of products before you consume them to ensure they are truly dairy-free. Also note that not all dairy free products are keto-friendly and vice versa. Dairy-free products that contain high carb, like soy beans are not keto-friendly in any way.
- Alkaline Diet Plan Tips, Benefits, Foods to Eat and Avoid
- 5 Best Android Free Calorie Counter Apps to Help You Stay Fit
Some foods obviously contain dairy such as cow’s milk, buttermilk, half-and-half, cream, milkshakes, milk chocolate, yogurt, butter, cheese, ice cream, etc. However, there are some other that contain dairy which you might know. Check the list below:
- Cookies and crackers
- Protein powders and beverages
- Buttermilk or cheese flavored potato chips
- Processed meat and sausages
- Cream liqueurs
- Custard pudding
- Salad dressings
- Seasoning blends
- Wine (if you are looking for milk-free wines, go for vegan and kosher wine)
- Canned Tuna fish
- Chewing gum
- Baby foods
- Bakery foods
- Chicken broth
- Drugs: Most time, lactose is used as the filler/base for drugs and OTC medication. To be on a safer side, ask your pharmacist to help you review the ingredients of the drugs.
- Egg substitute
- Flavored syrups
- Fried foods
- Granola and nutrition bars
- Hot cocoa mix
- Hot dogs
- Fake maple syrup and other syrups
- Kosher pareve desserts
- Lactose-free milk: They are most likely to have milk fat and protein
- Margarine (there are few dairy-free ones)
Keto-Friendly Dairy-Free Foods/Ingredients
- Almond flour
- Coconut, shredded
- Alternative sweeteners such as swerve (granulated and confectioners’)
- Baking powder
- Bone broth
- Grape seed oil
- Olive oil
- Coconut milk, canned
- Cayenne or Black pepper
- Salt, like the Himalayan pink salt
- Alcohol free vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
- Ketchup, sugar free, low carb
- Mayonnaise, sugar free, low carb
- Grass fed meats
- Mustard, sugar free, low carb
- Bacon Barbecue sauce, low carb
- Dairy-free Cream cheese
- Plain yogurt, Dairy-free
- Other veggies and greens
- Weight Watchers Freestyle Success Tips with Some Recommended Foods
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet Tips – Benefits, Foods to Eat & Avoid
Beginning a dairy-free or keto dairy free diet plan is very easy when you have the key tips. I have discussed all you need to know about this diet lifestyle. Feel free to start the diet plan once your doctor approves it.
Feel free to drop your inquiries and contributions in the comment section below. Also help us reach your social media friends who might need this diet and health article. Also subscribe to our blog via email so that you will be notified once we update this article or publish related health articles. Enjoy!
Recommended Business and Entrepreneurship Books
The Passionate Entrepreneur’s Strategies: Learn how to discover business ideas that will be successful, grow multiple online income streams, make money from home, attract new & retain customers, applications of SWOT analysis in any business, skills that will help you succeed as an entrepreneur, self-discipline, etc. Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 1. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
How to Make Money from Blogging & Affiliate Marketing: Learn the Step by Step Guide of Creating, Growing & Optimizing your WordPress Blog from Scratch for Search Engines (SEO) & How to Make Money through Google AdSense, Affiliate Marketing & Other Strategies for Earning Passive Income Online. Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 2. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
How to Make Money Self-Publishing Kindle Books for Beginners: Learn the Step by Step Guide to Self-Publish a Best Selling Book on Amazon KDP, How to Design Book Covers with Adobe Photoshop, Format, Edit & Proofread your Book Manuscript with Microsoft Word, Promote your Book on Various Online Platforms & Earn Monthly Passive Income Online. Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 3. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
Complete Solar PV System Installation Guide: DIY guide on how to install grid-connected & off-grid solar PV systems, how to build solar-powered electric cars, convert conventional cars to electric cars, online & offline ways to make money from solar energy sector (including stocks), electrical wiring & protection system installation guides, plus free resources for skill acquisition and personal development. Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 4. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
How to Make Money from Crypto Trading & Investing for Beginners: Step by step guide with screenshots on the basics of blockchain technology, bitcoin & altcoins, crypto security tips, cryptocurrency market analysis (FA & TA), long term & short term trading, how to calculate your profits in excel, legit ways to make money with cryptocurrencies, DeFi yield farming & staking, how to use any centralized & decentralized exchange platform & more, plus crypto investment bonus! Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 5. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
Blockchain Practical Guide: Step by step guide with pictures, on how to monetize the latest blockchain technology trends: crypto trading & tools, especially Ethereum, DeFi, Staking, NFTs, Top 100 Play-to-Earn (P2E) & NFT games, Web 3.0, Metaverse, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), blockchain job opportunities, with crypto investment bonus! Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 6. By Buzzer Joseph. Read more about the book.
How to Make Money with Blockchain Web3 Apps: Step by Step Guide with Screenshots and Videos on How to Make Money from Blockchain and Web3 Projects – NFTs, Play-to-Earn (P2E) Games, Move-to-Earn (M2E) Apps, Watch-to-Earn (W2E) Apps, SocialFi and GameFi Apps, with crypto investment bonus! Lucrative Business Ideas Series Book 7. By Buzzer Joseph and Kelly Joseph. Read more about the book.