Medical practitioners and food scientists have proven that the best way to fight inflammation is to eat anti-inflammatory diets. Our immune system is one of the defensive systems that work together to protect our body from anything harmful. The system produces histamines and other agents which fight against harmful microbes, chemicals that cause inflammation. Some of the pronounced signs of inflammation are redness, pain, swelling, burning or stiffening of the affected area. Apart from attack, inflammation can also be caused by internal imbalance. This health and diet article will reveal various causes of inflammation, types, how to fight inflammation with anti-inflammatory diet plans, foods to eat and those to avoid, etc.
Some of the Causes of Inflammation
There are many things suspected to cause inflammation in the human body, Here are some of the medically confirmed causes of inflammation:
- Allergic reactions
- Injuries in the body
- Germs like viruses, fungi, bacteria, etc.
- Effects of radiations or chemicals
- Side effects of some medicinal drugs
Symptoms of Inflammation
Inflammation can be easily recognized at the early stage than when it has stayed a long time in your body. Here are some of the common symptoms of inflammation:
- Swelling and puffiness
- Possible numbness
- Loss of function
- Warming or heating sensation of the affected part
Types of Inflammation
There are 2 main types of inflammation in the human body. They include:
Acute inflammation: This can also be called short term inflammation. In this type, due to the damage of body cells, the body responds immediately. Some of the immediate signs are swelling within few seconds of the injury. This type of inflammation does not stay long in the body.
Chronic or Systemic inflammation: This is a long-term inflammation. This type occurs as a result of allergies like asthma, heart complexities, cancer, diabetes, lungs diseases, etc. It can only be cured by treating the main cause (which is the allergy).
How Anti-Inflammation Works
Anti-inflammation concentrates on our immune system and calms it down. The treatment depends on the type of inflammation. For the short term type (acute), medication is the most recommended and effective solution. But for the long term type (chronic), anti-inflammatory diet plan gives the best natural result. It works slowly but produces a long-lasting solution. A thorough medical therapy can also help out, but most times, it leaves a side effect behind.
Anti-Inflammatory Diet Plan and How it Works
Instead of treating inflammation with medical therapy which usually leaves a side effect. Why not try diets that reduce or cure inflammation completely?
Many people ask: How can food Cure Inflammation? Well, anti-inflammatory foods contain important nutrients and essential vitamins and minerals which strengthen your immune system. Most naturally grown foods reduce cure inflammation. The main key is to avoid foods that contain high saturated fats and complex protein. The increase the risk of inflammation in your body.
Recommended Anti-Inflammatory Foods
Food scientist confirmed that organic foods like Organic fresh vegetables, fruits, lean meat, seafood, poultry, grains, and plant fats fight inflammation. Below is a breakdown of the anti-inflammatory foods:
- Veggies: Like Bok Choy, celery, beets, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, cabbage, bell peppers, carrots, green leafy vegetables, avocado, onion, turnips, zucchini, squash, cucumber, etc.
- Meat and Fish: Like chicken, turkey, duck, Salmon, scallops, shrimp, grass-fed lean meat, etc.
- Oils: Like nut oil, sesame oil, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, etc.
- Grains/Legumes: Like millet, oats, sorghum, barley, quinoa, all lentils, all beans, all rice, etc.
- Nuts and Seeds: Like chia seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, peanuts, flax seeds, hemp seeds, etc.
- Spices like Turmeric
Foods that Cause Inflammation You Should Avoid
- Sugars: Including refined, brown and white.
- Meat: Like sausage, bacon and ham.
- Dairy: Like high fat yogurt, animal milk, cheese, feta cheese and farmed eggs.
- Others Include: All processed flours, Fast food, junk food, all bakery items and alcohol, etc.
Following a healthy diet plan like anti-inflammatory diet does not only help to stop inflammation, it also helps to improve your total health and well-being.
Feel free to ask your questions and also drop your contributions and suggestions in the comment section. Help us reach your social media friends by hitting a share button. Also subscribe to be the first to be notified via email once we update this diet article or publish new related health article. Enjoy!