Keto Fat Bombs are one of those diet phrases that frighten weight watchers who are not into ketogenic lifestyle. Even the first time I heard about them. But there is nothing to fear about them if you are into ketogenic diet plan. Keto fat bombs and desserts are snacks that are rich in healthy fats (like coconut cream, coconut oil, cream cheese, etc.), contain very low carbs and moderate or low protein. They supply about 70 to 75% of the daily rate for fats your body needs. These high fats help you meet your keto weight loss target, even if you have derailed from the recommended keto diet due to peer group influence or due to food craving. This diet and health article will explain in detail everything you need to know about keto fat bombs and desserts; why you need them, best way to consume them and some common fat bombs and desserts foods and recipes.
One outstanding advantage of keto fat bombs recipes is that they are easy to make and can also be prepared ahead of time. This will help you control your food craving habit that prevent you from meeting your keto target. Also keto fat bombs and desserts accommodate wide range of feeding lifestyles like keto vegan and vegetarian, keto weight watchers, etc. They also cover various snack categories like muffins, bread, smoothies, cookies and other keto treats.
Keto Fat Bombs and Dessert Facts You Must Know
- Keto Fat Bombs Contain Useful Fats: Healthy fats like coconut oil or coconut butter are always one of the major ingredients of keto fat bombs and desserts recipes. The coconut oil helps the keto recipe to solidify when refrigerated, making these fat bombs less messy and enticing to eat.
- Fat Bombs Are Served in Small Portions or Balls: This is because they are packed with fats. Although high fat is recommended in keto diets, but excess of everything is not good. The most recommended way to make them is to use a muffin pan with liners and to pour the mixture into the pan. The muffin pans will serve as a measuring unit for serving.
- Keto Fat Bombs and Desserts May Be Sweet or Savory: Sweet fat bombs are sweet because of some zero carb and low calorie sweeteners used, like stevia. Feel free to use your own low-carb sweetener when preparing sweet keto fat bombs diets. Savory fat bombs contain ingredients like avocado, bacon, etc. These ingredients make them savory.
- Fat Bombs May Contain Seeds and Nuts in Small Quantity: Though seeds and nuts contain ample carbs, they also contain some other useful nutrients. In order to ensure that you don’t introduce much carb to your fat bomb diet, add them the nuts and seeds in small quantities.
- Keto Fat Bombs are Best Stored in Refrigerators: Since fat turns to liquid at room temperature, they must be stored at temperature below room temperature. They can be stored up to a week or 2 weeks (maximum). Freezing is not recommended.
Common Keto Fat Bomb Ingredients
- Healthy Fats: Like cocao butter, coconut cream, ghee, butter, bacon fat, coconut butter, almond butter, coconut oil, coconut milk, avocado oil
- Flavors: Like sugar-free vanilla extract, 100% dark chocolate, cocao powder, salt, peppermint extract, spices, etc.
- Textures: Like cocao nibs, almonds, pecans, sugar-free bacon bites, shredded coconut, walnuts, chia seeds, etc.
Some Kitchen Gadgets You May Need
- Immersion blender
- Saucepan or Frying Pan, etc.
General Keto Fat Bombs and Desserts Recipe Steps
- Combine all the needed ingredients in a mixing bowl, a food processor or a blender, depending on the consistency you need. Melt solid fats like coconut oil slightly (if you are using it) in the microwave.
- Now make the small balls. To make small balls, pour the mixture into muffin cups or into a baking pan. Alternatively, you can use your hands to form the needed shape.
- Refrigerate fat bombs for several hours for the mixtures to become solid. You can cut them into smaller sizes if using a baking pan. Enjoy!
Common Categories of Keto Fat Bombs and Desserts Recipes
- Keto Cookies: Like Almond and Coconut Butter Keto Cookies, Cinnamon Butter Keto Cookies, Keto Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies, etc.
- Keto Bread: Like Italian Seasoning Bread, Cheese Flat Bread, Indian Puri Bread, etc.
- Sweet Keto Fat Bombs: Like Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles, Peanut Butter Fudge, Almond Bombs, etc.
- Liquid Keto Fat Bombs: Like Amaretto Chilled Coffee, Creamy Mexican Hot Chocolate, Vanilla Smoothie, Blueberry Chocolate Smoothie, etc.
- Savory Keto Fat Bombs: Like Keto Scotch Eggs, Herbed Cheese Fat Bombs, Buttered Bacon Fat Bombs, Low Carb Chocolate Bonbons, Chocolate Kisses Molded Candy, Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs, etc.
- Keto Desserts: Like Nutty Chocolate, Easy Keto Pancakes, Moist Pecan Brownie, Lava Cake, etc.
Recommended Ways to Consume Keto Fat Bombs and Desserts
- Feel free to add fat bombs in your keto meals once in a while. They will help you meet your ketogenic lifestyle target easily and also provide you with the adequate amount of fat you need for your daily activities.
- Use them as pre or post-workout snacks instead of consuming those regular snacks that are usually rich in carbs. I usually prefer consuming fat bombs immediately I come back from gym.
- Keto fat bombs and desserts can be used as a quick hit of energy especially during lazy time or when you have a very tight work schedule. They have really saved me especially when I come back from work.
- Use them to celebrate special seasons and occasions like keto anniversary, party, etc. with your friends who are into keto lifestyle. This will save you from the temptation of adding diets that not keto-friendly.
Like I said earlier, fat bombs are great snacks that will help you achieve your keto goal, be it weight loss, fitness, etc. within a short period of time. Feel free to add them to your keto diets or even consume them in between two meal time. They can also help you control your food craving habit that prevent you from losing weight. Also checkout these 3 healthy keto fat bombs at GreenHealthyCooking
Feel free to comment your questions or suggestions in the comment section below. Also click a share button below to help us reach your social media friend!. They need this diet article! Also subscribe to our blog for free to get notified once we publish new health articles or update this article. Enjoy!